Congratulations, you've made it through your first two weeks! You're eating healthy, tracking your macros and metrics and moving your body. You deserve a reward — a little something to congratulate yourself on a job well done.
This reward doesn't need to break the bank. It can be as simple as taking yourself to a movie (avoiding the concession stand, of course) or buying some new music to freshen up your workout playlist. The purpose of the reward is to stay encouraged and motivated now that you've hit your stride.
7 Fun Rewards Without Any Calories
- Get a massage (deep tissue is great to relieve those muscles you've been working)
- Pamper yourself with a manicure and pedicure, or go for a full spa day
- Get a new haircut and/or color to complement the new "YOU" you're building
- Buy yourself some spiffy new workout clothes so you'll look fit and fly
- Invest in a new pair of workout shoes to carry you through the next leg of your journey
- There's nothing like some new workout socks to treat your feet
- Pick out something wearable to remind you of your fitness journey each time you see it (a new watch or a piece of jewelry would be a functional, fun reward)
Ideally, your reward involve is something that you'll look at every day. If it's something you can actually use to help you on your journey, that's even better. For example, get a new protective case for your mobile phone or MP3 player that will protect it during workouts. Or buy a new pair of headphones to help you tune out the world and get focused on your fitness.
However you choose to reward yourself, remember to be proud of your accomplishments and get excited for the next leg. You're well on your way to a new YOU.
Get Daily Motivation in Our Facebook Group
For daily support, motivation and camaraderie with LIVESTRONG.COM team members, join our Facebook Challenge Group. We'll share daily recipes, tips, motivations, pictures and more! Plus, we'll answer all your questions.
Sign up for our newsletter if you want periodic reminders to get linked up with helpful LIVESTRONG.COM articles and tips.
Why the MyPlate Calorie Tracker Helps You Lose Weight
Documenting your food and activity might seem like overkill, but it’s not. People who track their calories and physical activities enjoy greater success losing weight and keeping it off for good!
Tracking everything honestly is essential to making the 30-Day Slim Down Challenge work for you. Sometimes you’re not even aware of everything you consume, but once you start tracking it you’ll think twice before you make poor choices. And that’s a good thing.
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks
- Exercise and activity
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
Read More About Eating Out While Slimming Down:
Readers — Are you joining us in the 30-Day GET LEAN IN 2017 Challenge? If so, what is your weight loss goal? Have you ever done a weight loss fitness challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM 30-Day GET LEAN IN 2017 Challenge Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know.