How's your energy level today? Be honest, we won't tell anyone.
Have you noticed changes in your energy levels over the past week? It's likely you have, and you're not alone. Though the most common suspect is usually a lack of sleep, which might not always be the case, many factors can affect your energy.
Sleep is important, but diet, stress levels and your surroundings also impact your energy levels. We recommend that you take an honest and holistic look at your current habits and see if there are any things you might need to change so you can make sure you're running at optimum efficiency.
5 Ways to Stay Energized:
There are many ways to fight fatigue and boost your energy, but here are some quick tips that will keep you from feeling like a slug:
- Catch some rays — get all Sheryl Crow and "Soak Up the Sun" and get some vitamin D. Just be sure to wear sunscreen and/or a protective hat and clothing to ensure you don't get too many rays.
- Wet your whistle — remember to hydrate to help your muscles repair and grow.
- Take a hike — OK, maybe not a hike, but a brisk walk around the block when you're feeling fatigued can reinvigorate you, increasing blood flow and delivering oxygen to the body.
- Snack SMART — keep raw, unsalted nuts on hand for snacking; they're full of fiber and protein to keep you fueled up.
- Take five — make sure you take quick breaks every few hours to clear your head and regain focus.
Be on the lookout for signs of sluggishness. Use these tips to avert an energy crisis and keep your energy levels in the green.
Get Daily Motivation in Our Facebook Group
For daily support, motivation and camaraderie with LIVESTRONG.COM team members, join our 30-Day Slim Down Facebook Group. We'll share daily recipes, tips, motivations, pictures and more! Plus, we'll answer all your questions.
Sign up for our newsletter if you want periodic reminders to get linked up with helpful LIVESTRONG.COM articles and tips.
Why the MyPlate Calorie Tracker Helps You Lose Weight
Documenting your food and activity might seem like overkill, but it’s not. People who track their calories and physical activities enjoy greater success losing weight and keeping it off for good!
Tracking everything honestly is essential to making the 30-Day Slim Down Challenge work for you. Sometimes you’re not even aware of everything you consume, but once you start tracking it you’ll think twice before you make poor choices. And that’s a good thing.
-Daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks
-Exercise and activity
-BMI (Body Mass Index)
Read More About Ways to Get Energy:
Readers – Are you joining us in the 30-Day Slim Down Challenge? If so, what is your weight loss goal? Have you ever done a weight loss fitness challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM 30-Day Slim Down Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know.