Let’s face it: You rely on your eyes for EVERYTHING. So you want to make sure you take excellent care of them. How can you keep your peepers in tip-top shape?
Do these 5 things to keep your eyes in top health:
• Eat right and exercise. Being overweight or obese increases your risk for diabetes, which can lead to glaucoma, retinopathy and vision loss.
• Quit smoking. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), smoking increases your risk of developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts and optic nerve damage. All of these can lead to blindness.
• Wear your shades. They block out the sun’s harmful UV rays. Look for ones that protect you from 99 to 100 percent of the UV-A and UV-B rays.
• Use the 20-20-20 rule. If you stare at a computer screen most of the day, give your hard-working eyes a rest. Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and focus on something 20 feet away from you.
• Get regular eye exams. For the most accurate diagnostics, try Clarifye℠, the new eye exam from LensCrafters℠ that uses advanced digital technology to map the unique fingerprint of your eye and allows your doctor to gather five times more information about your vision.
With Clarifye℠ it’s not just about updating your prescription, it’s about getting a more comprehensive understanding of your eye health and pinpointing the small changes that can occur in your eyes over time.