If your body has difficulty digesting lactose, a type of sugar found in dairy products, you might have dealt with symptoms such as pain and bloating in your abdominal region. Instead of continuing to consume products that lead to uncomfortable side effects, look for lactose-free milk at the supermarket. A number of milk companies produce this milk variation that is safe to drink for those with lactose intolerance.
Lactose-Free Milk Is Readily Available
Depending on where you shop, you shouldn't have trouble finding a brand of lactose-free milk. Lactaid produces lactose-free milk and a variety of other lactose-free dairy products. The company's website allows prospective shoppers to search for stores in their city that sell the product. Organic Valley and Horizon Organic sell organic lactose-free milk; Shamrock Farms and Dean Foods also produce lactose-free products. Some retailers, including Walmart, also sell lactose-free milk. Chocolate lactose-free milk is available from brands such as Lactaid and Walmart's Great Value.
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse: Lactose Intolerance
- Lactaid: Lactaid Fat Free Milk
- Organic Valley: Lactose Free
- Shamrock Farms: Calcium Plus Milk: Pour 100% More
- Dean Foods: Nutrition
- Walmart: Lactose-Free Milk
- Lactaid: Lactaid Chocolate Lowfat Milk
- Horizon Organic: Reduced Fat Lactose-Free Milk