zig
0

Notifications

  • You're all caught up!

How Many Calories Do Pancakes Have?

by
author image Melodie Anne
Melodie Anne Coffman specializes in overall wellness, with particular interests in women's health and personal defense. She holds a master's degree in food science and human nutrition and is a certified instructor through the NRA. Coffman is pursuing her personal trainer certification in 2015.
How Many Calories Do Pancakes Have?
Limit yourself to one or two pancakes. Photo Credit manyakotic/iStock/Getty Images

Your favorite fluffy breakfast dish isn’t terribly high in calories -- as long as you limit yourself to just one or two pancakes. A small 4-inch pancake, weighing 38 grams, provides around 85 calories. No matter your preference -- plain, buttermilk or blueberry -- the calorie count stays about the same.

Breaking Down Calories

A 4-inch pancake -- whether plain, buttermilk or blueberry -- provides around 2.5 grams of protein. This amounts to 10 calories from protein or 12 percent of calories from protein. You’ll also get roughly 3.5 grams of fat, or nearly 32 calories from fat. This means that fat accounts for 38 percent of the overall calories in a 4-inch pancake. The remaining 43 calories -- 50 percent of calories -- come from the 11 grams of carbohydrates.

You Might Also Like

Related Searches

LiveStrong Calorie Tracker
THE LIVESTRONG.COM MyPlate Nutrition, Workouts & Tips
GOAL
  • Gain 2 pounds per week
  • Gain 1.5 pounds per week
  • Gain 1 pound per week
  • Gain 0.5 pound per week
  • Maintain my current weight
  • Lose 0.5 pound per week
  • Lose 1 pound per week
  • Lose 1.5 pounds per week
  • Lose 2 pounds per week
GENDER
  • Female
  • Male
lbs.
ft. in.

References

Demand Media