15 Essential Rules to Live By
A big part of what makes us who we are is what we stand for and what we believe in. With a list like this, no matter how old or young we are we will know that we always stand for something.
Here are the 15 rules I stand behind every day of my life:
1. Be Kind.
2. Have a sense of humor especially when it comes to yourself.
3. Write poems, even if only in your head.
4. Sing out loud, even if badly.
5. Dance, even with no rhythm.
6. If you don't have anything nice to say...you know the deal.
7. Find things to be in awe of.
8. Be grateful for what you have right now.
9. End every complaint with "but I'm so blessed!"
10. Duh, do yoga.
11. Don't worry. Everyone on Facebook seems like they have happier and better lives. They don't.
12. Tell someone that you love "I love you." Right now.
13. Take more pictures.
14. Forgive yourself for not being perfect. No such thing.
15. Thank the universe in advance.
What are your rules that you live by? Come up with your own list, and post them in the comments section below. I can’t wait to read yours! Writing your own rules is a fun and inspirational way to hold yourself accountable and to make sure that you are living life to the fullest with integrity.
A good friend of mine who is a schoolteacher asked his class to do this same exercise. Here is the list of rules written by a fourteen-year- old girl named Lizzy that I particularly loved:
How did this fourteen-year-old get so smart?
Jennifer Pastiloff was recently featured on Good Morning America and CBS The Doctors. She has attracted a huge following from her writings and unique style of teaching yoga. She is also an advocate for children with special needs. The creator of Manifestation Yoga®, she leads retreats and workshops all over the world. Jennifer is currently writing a book, and she has a popular daily blog called Manifestation Station. Los Angeles is home base, and you can find her teaching yoga at Equinox Fitness Clubs and Yogis Anonymous in Santa Monica, where her classes are also available online.