2 Quick and Easy Breakfasts For Busy People
By Lorna Jane
I want to share with you my two favorite recipes for healthy breakfast options in a hurry!
Banana & Egg Pancakes
For my banana and egg pancakes, I mix the ingredients and then use the 30 minutes while they are sitting to take a shower and get dressed for the day. That way, I don't have to sit around waiting and I'm making the most of my morning!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Yield: 2 pancakes
1 teaspoon chia seeds
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut oil (to cook)
1. In a bowl, mash the banana to a puree, then add the eggs and whisk, incorporating the ingredients thoroughly (to get a smoother mix, blend in a food processor.)
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, and allow to sit for at least half an hour.
3. In a hot pan on medium high heat, add coconut oil. Spoon the mix into the pan forming pancakes that are approximately 2 inches in diameter.
5. Cook for about 1 minute, until you notice the top of the pancake start to bubble, flip the pancake over and cook for another 30 seconds.
6. Clean the pan before making another pancake.
You can drizzle with a little honey or maple syrup and enjoy with some fresh berries.
Egg Veggie Scramble
I always make my egg veggie scramble when I have leftover chicken and veggies from the night before. That takes out all of the prep time come 7 a.m. when I need to make a healthy and delicious breakfast in a hurry!
I love to include eggs in my breakfast because they are high in protein and rich in vitamins.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Yield: 2 servings
½ bunch of broccolini
1 cup grilled chicken
1 cup baby spinach
½ green or red pepper
2 teaspsoon coconut oil
1. Steam the vegetables until they are tender (approximately 8 to 10 minutes)
2. Grill the chicken, let cool then shred.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk.
4. Add the veggies and chicken to the egg mix.
5. Put a pan on medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
6. Once it has heated, add egg, chicken and veggie mixture to pan and cook until eggs are cooked.
You can serve it on top of a bed of spinach. If you are interested in cutting a few calories, try making it with just egg whites. If you are vegetarian, just eliminate the chicken.
– Lorna Jane
Readers — Do you eat breakfast regularly? What are your favorite breakfast dishes? Do you have an easy, quick go-to breakfast recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Lorna Jane Clarkson is the founder and Chief Creative Officer of Lorna Jane, Australia's leading activewear brand for women (now available in the U.S.). With her passion for being active, her love for healthy food and recipes, not to mention her infectious positive outlook on life, Lorna inspires women to Move, Nourish and Believe every day.