9 Reasons to Finally Quit Smoking Right Now
By LILI LADAGA
* Every year, lung cancer kills more people than colon, breast and prostate cancers combined.
* Research shows lung cancer is the most preventable form of cancer in the world.
* More than 3,000 non-smokers die of lung cancer from second-hand smoke each year.
Those are all good reasons to quit smoking, but if you need more incentive, 9 people share why they finally decided to kick the habit.
1) For yourself:
2) To set an example:
3) For your loved ones:
4) To show yourself how strong you can be:
5) To show others how strong you can be:
6) Because what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger:
7) To get your body back on track:
8) To be “really” cool:
9) For love:
Need help quitting? Download LIVESTRONG.COM’s MyQuit Coach – Dare to Quit Smoking Mobile App.
Readers — Are you a smoker? Are you trying to quit? Have you tried to quit and not succeeded? Tell us why you want to quit smoking and how you’re doing it in the comments below.