Cinnamon-Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
By Lorna Jane
I love sweet potatoes, especially oven roasted with generous amounts of cinnamon and a little sea salt. I perfected this recipe one Christmas and have been making it at least once a week ever since.
Sweet potatoes are a healthy low GI carb, rich in beta-carotene for eye health and also high in potassium, which makes them a great recovery food after exercise. The cinnamon not only makes these sweet potatoes taste terrific but improves insulin efficiency which lowers and helps to regulate blood sugar. What’s not to love?!
1 tablespoonfresh ground cinnamon
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (you can choose any healthy cooking oil, but this recipe works best with olive oil, as it give the fries a crispy texture)
Himalayan pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 392 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into French-fry style sticks.
2. Place in pan and drizzle with olive oil
3. Sprinkle on the cinnamon & a pinch of salt. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Bake for 35 minutes. Turn them over at half way. *Note: All ovens are different, so keep an eye out -- they should be golden color when ready.
5. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon tahini
1 clove garlic, minced
splash of lemon juice
drizzle of honey
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkle of paprika
Readers — Do you eat sweet potatoes often or not at all? Do you have a favorite sweet potato recipe? Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Lorna Jane Clarkson is the founder and Chief Creative Officer of Lorna Jane, Australia's leading activewear brand for women (now available in the U.S.). With her passion for being active, her love for healthy food and recipes, not to mention her infectious positive outlook on life, Lorna inspires women to Move, Nourish and Believe every day.