#Mealprepmonday Recipe: Healthy Chicken Tenders
By LILI LADAGA
For all you meal-prepping carnivores out there, replace your go-to protein this week with our delicious and healthy chicken tenders. With just the right amount of Creole seasoning, these tenders are sure to spice up your meal prep game. Don't suffer through another week of boring, bland protein; kick it up a notch with these tasty tenders!
[Read More: #mealprepmonday: Skinny Turkey Taco Salad]
Healthy Chicken Tenders with a Kick
(For full nutritional information, here is a link to the recipe we created in MyPlate).
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yields: 16 tenders
* 8 egg whites, beaten
* 8 tablespoons sesame seeds
* 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds, chopped
* 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
* 28 ounces raw chicken tenders
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Beat egg whites and place in shallow bowl.
4. Combine sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and Creole seasoning in shallow bowl.
5. Coat chicken tenders in egg white. Then place in dry seasoning mixture. Coat both sides.
6. Place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is on baking sheet.
7. Bake 25 minutes. Flip tenders half way through cooking time.
**Note: Make sure chicken is cooked throughout.
Readers — Do you meal prep? What are some of your favorite recipes to prep ahead of time? Leave a comment below and share your meal prep tips!
Want more content like this? Sign up for the LIVESTRONG.COM newsletter!