#Mealprepmonday Recipe: Mediterranean Quinoa Pilaf
By NIKI GRUTTADAURIA
Extremely high in nutritional value and low in carbs, quinoa is a meal prep superstar. High in protein and full of flavor, this Mediterranean Quinoa Pilaf is easy to make, delicious to eat and accommodates gluten-free, vegetarian and low-carb diets.
[Read More: #mealprepmonday: Skinny Turkey Taco Salad]
Mediterranean Quinoa Pilaf
(For full nutritional information, here is a link to the recipe we created in MyPlate).
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
* 8 cups baby spinach
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 8 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 cups cooked quinoa
* 4 servings Kalamata Olives, chopped
* 3 tablespoons low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
* 1/4 lemon
* 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1. Sauté spinach with garlic and olive oil.
2. Toss with cooked quinoa, red pepper, red onion and olives.
3. Add feta, toss.
4. Squeeze lemon over mixture.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
Note: This can be served hot or cold.
Readers — Do you meal prep? What are some of your favorite recipes to prep ahead of time? Leave a comment below and share your meal prep tips!
Want more content like this? Sign up for the LIVESTRONG.COM newsletter!