New LIVESTRONG.COM Android Calorie Tracker App Has Launched
By JESS BARRON and JEAN-PHILIPPE MAITRE
We are thrilled to announce the brand-new LIVESTRONG.COM Mobile Calorie Tracker app for Android! This new version of the app is now available in the Google Play store for free. It will replace the old Android LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker app you may have been using.
3 Key Features in the New Android App:
1. Completely New Look – If you've been feeling envious when seeing articles about the LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker App for iPhone and Apple Watch, you’ll be happy to learn that our design team didn’t forget about LIVESTRONG members on the Android platform. We’ve completely redesigned the Android app, making it easy to track your food, exercise, water intake, weight and overall progress.
2. Integrated Tracking Functionality – This new app has all of the same robust tracking features available in the iPhone app, including a personalized calorie goal, the ability to create meals, find food with a barcode scanner and much more. Search and add from millions of foods and exercises available in our database to stay on track each day.
3. Daily Macros – The new app offers the ability to view your daily macronutrient details for protein, fat and carbs in a simple chart that appears directly on your main Diary page each day, and there’s also the option to zoom in for a more in-depth look at a the macro and micronutrient breakdown. Even better, you can view these details for any day in your Diary.
3 Features That Are Coming Soon
We wanted to get the new Android app out to you as soon as humanly possible, so a few features are not yet available. We are already working hard at integrating these into future updates, so here's what you can expect to see from us in the coming months:
1. Community Message Boards – We know how important support from other members of our community can be, so the message boards will be added in the next update. In the meantime, you can continue accessing the LIVESTRONG.COM community via the mobile website.
2. Alerts and Notifications – You'll be able to stay up to date on your favorite topics in the community.
3. Reminders – You'll never forget to log a meal again: We'll be integrating daily mealtime reminders to help keep you on track with logging your breakfast, lunch and dinner.
What Does This Mean for You?
If you’ve been using a LIVESTRONG.COM account to track your food and exercise with the old version of the Android app or via the LIVESTRONG.COM website, all of your data will be available in the new app as soon as you log in with the same username and password.
However, if you never created a LIVESTRONG.COM account and have not yet synced your data, you can transfer everything you need in just a few easy steps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not delete the LIVESTRONG Calorie Tracker app you’ve been using until you’ve confirmed your data has been successfully transferred.
1. Open the old Android LIVESTRONG Calorie Tracker app on your phone. If you don't have an account, make sure you create one and can see all of your data.
2. Download the new version of the app by going to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=LIVESTRONG
3. After the download is complete, launch the app and log in with your LIVESTRONG.COM account. Make sure you see all of your data.
4. Once the data transfer is complete, feel free to delete the old app. You can now open up the new version of the app and enjoy the same ad-free experience you had before.
Need help getting started? See our Tips for Using LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker App for Android.
Readers — Are you an Android or iPhone user? Have you tried our Android app? What do you think? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’re working hard to make the LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker the best tracker out there, and we truly appreciate your feedback and continued support!
Jess Barron is Editor-in-Chief of LIVESTRONG.COM. Read some of her other health and fitness articles here. A longtime foodie and fan of farmers markets, Jess particularly loves heirloom tomatoes, fresh figs with burrata cheese and anything with pumpkin or peanut butter in it! Her love for food fuels her desire to exercise daily. In the summer of 2012, Jess lost 20 pounds in a test group for a fitness program. Some of her favorite workout routines include walking, running, yoga, P90X, INSANITY and mixed martial arts. Jess's writing can also be found at Poprocks.com. She has appeared on MSNBC's The Most, ABC News Now and XM satellite radio, and her writing has appeared on Wired.com and Yahoo.com.