New Mobile MyPlate App Update Makes Tracking Easier Than Ever!
By JESS BARRON and JEFFREY STOREY
We've been working hard to make tracking calories as simple as possible, and this week we released a new free mobile MyPlate app update that you can quickly download for your iPhone and iPad. Our goal is for MyPlate to be the best and easiest-to-use calorie tracker app out there, helping you to lose weight in time for summer.
So, what are you waiting for? Go here, and download it.
What’s new in this version of MyPlate for iOS?
The latest app has a brand new section called Track that combines the very best features of your MyPlate and Diary pages into one.
With this latest update now, you can:
* Swipe quickly through to yesterday and any other day to track that day's calories.
* Swipe down to see a complete summary of all the food you've tracked for the day.
* Instantly jump to another day to track by selecting a date from the calendar.
* Track food, exercise, weight and water with a simple click.
We've also redesigned the Track Food page to make it simpler than ever to track:
* When you track a food, it appears directly under your 'Tracked for Today' list, so you can quickly edit if you need to.
* The search bar and bar code scanner are placed very prominently for easy access.
* Toggle between lists of Recently Eaten Foods, My Food, and My Meals with the touch of a button.
But wait. We're not done! We added a simple tutorial to get you up to speed with the new layout so you don't miss a beat in your calorie tracking. And we made a number of bug fixes that you asked for, from improving sync to making sure all iOS versions can access the “add photo” button.
Note: We've combined “Custom Foods” with “Enter Calories Manually” - aside from the change in name, they work exactly the same.
Stay tuned for continued updates - we're working hard to give you the best calorie tracker on the market. Thank you for your feedback and keep it coming - we are listening! Go download it, try it out, and let us know what you think!.
–Jess and Jeff
Readers - Have you tried the latest update to the MyPlate mobile app yet? If not, what’s stopping you? If you have, what do you think? Leave a comment below and let us know. We care about your opinions!
Jess Barron is Editor-in-Chief of LIVESTRONG.COM. Read some of her other health and fitness articles here. A longtime foodie and fan of Farmer's Market food, Jess particularly loves heirloom tomatoes, fresh figs with burrata cheese, and anything with pumpkin or peanut butter in it! Her love for food fuels her desire to exercise daily. In the summer of 2012 Jess lost 20 pounds in a test group for a new fitness program. Some of her favorite workout routines include walking, running, yoga, P90X, INSANITY, and mixed martial arts. Jess's writing can also be found at Poprocks.com. She has appeared on MSNBC's "The Most," ABC News Now, and XM satellite radio and her writing has appeared on Wired.com and Yahoo!