My Nguyen’s Easy, No-Cook Overnight Oats
By LILI LADAGA
Sometimes there’s just not enough time in the day to cook and eat healthy, especially in the mornings when you’re rushing out the door.
Luckily for you, My Nguyen of My Healthy Dish has a healthy NO-COOK breakfast recipe that you prep the night before and grab and go in the morning.
My dropped by the LIVESTRONG.COM kitchen to show us how easy her recipe is to make -- get the recipe below and watch My put it all together on LIVESTRONG.COM’s Facebook page. (And don’t forget to Like and Follow us while you’re there!)
My Nguyen’s Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup plain oats
- 1 cup plain almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, even just plain milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
- A few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
1. Pour all ingredients in a container, seal it and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours. (My recommends using mason jars).
2. Eat cold or heat in the microwave for one minute. The oats will expand and the chia seeds will turn into a gel-like consistency similar to tapioca.
3. Optional step: Add fruit!
Get more delicious and healthy recipes on myhealthydish.com and follow My on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. And make sure to check out her new book, “My Healthy Dish: More Than 85 Fresh & Easy Recipes for the Whole Family,” on Amazon.