Most Popular LIVESTRONG.COM Content of 2015
By JESS BARRON
In 2015 our LIVESTRONG.COM team of fitness, health and nutrition experts launched several hundred slideshows, blog posts and feature articles that answered the questions our readers were wondering about and generated millions of page views, Facebook “likes” and Pinterest pins. Here are the pieces that ranked as most popular in 2015 with LIVESTRONG.COM readers based on sessions and page views.
Most Popular Articles and Slideshows:
1. How to Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in the Oven and Keep Them Tender – 1.2 million sessions and 2.5 million page views. When you start eating healthy or dieting, the first thing you’re told to eat is lean protein such as boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Here is an article by LIVESTRONG.COM Dietitian and Nutrition Expert, Kelly Plowe, MS, RD, CSSD that gives instructions to keep them tender and tasty.
2. 10 Exercises to Reduce a Double Chin – 750,000 sessions and 4.5 million page views. People are taking a lot of selfies and they are very concerned about toning the neck area in order to avoid the appearance of the dreaded double chin.
3. The Side Effects of Drinking Too Much Lemon With Water - 550,000 sessions and 1.2 million page views
4. 16 Snacks That Are OK to Eat at Night – 430,000 sessions and 5.2 million page views
5. The 9 Worst Breakfasts for Your Waistline – and What to Choose Instead – 302,000 sessions and 3.3 million page views
6. 14 Protein-Packed Breakfasts to Power You Through Morning – 224,000 sessions and 2.6 million page views
7. The 30 Safest Sunscreens – and 3 to Avoid – 204,000 sessions and 4.9 million page views. This summertime standard is one that we update every year and our audience has come to rely on the information.
8. Is Alkaline Water Extra Healthy or a Hoax? – 152,000 sessions and 276,000 page views.
9. 30-Day Ab Challenge – 130,000 sessions and 204,000 page views. The Ab Challenge is popular year-round.
10. 10 Free Workouts to Get You Fitter and Stronger – 116,000 sessions and 290,000 page views. The 8-Week STRONGER Challenge calendar gets views throughout the year.
11. Get Six-Pack Abs With Zero Sit-Ups - 105,000 sessions and 131,000 page views. Fitness expert and celebrity trainer Jason Wimberly’s blog post was one of our most popular of the entire year.
12. The 20 Most Dangerous Candies – 102,000 sessions and 1.3 million page views. This is an annual Halloween favorite.
Most Popular Videos:
3.10 Most Dangerous Halloween Candies – More than 20,000 views on YouTube and Facebook.
Readers – What did you think of these most popular pieces from the past year? Which was your favorite? Were there any pieces that you enjoyed that didn’t end up on the “most popular” list? What do you want to see more of in 2016? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Jess Barron is Editor-in-Chief of LIVESTRONG.COM. Read some of her other health and fitness articles here. A longtime foodie and fan of farmers markets, Jess particularly loves heirloom tomatoes, fresh figs with burrata cheese and anything with pumpkin or peanut butter in it. In the summer of 2012 Jess lost 20 pounds in a test group for a fitness program. Some of her favorite workouts include walking, running, yoga, STRONGER, P90X, INSANITY and mixed martial arts. Jess's writing can also be found at Poprocks.com. She has appeared on MSNBC's The Most, ABC News Now and XM satellite radio, and her writing has appeared on Wired.com and Yahoo.com.