|Prep Time: 20 min||Serves: 6|
|Cooking Time: 60 min||Yield: 1 1/2 cups|
Protein-rich chickpeas burst with manganese, which helps support bone development, and folate, which aids in new cell growth. And when roasted, the chickpeas turn into an addictively crunchy, nutty snack. We’re roasting ours with smoky paprika, but if you feel like being adventurous, trying adding your favorite seasonings.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Drain chickpeas, lay them out on a paper towel-lined sheet pan, cover with more paper towel and gently roll the chickpeas under the towel back and forth.
3. Toss chickpeas in a bowl with olive oil or spray with olive oil or canola spray.
4. Season with salt and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove, mix around to make sure the chickpeas on the outside and inside get mixed around. Replace in the oven for another 25-30 minutes.
5. When the chickpeas are crunchy, remove from the oven toss with smoked paprika, adjust seasoning and serve.
PC: Arthur Bovino