|Prep Time: 20 min||Serves: 4|
|Cooking Time: 50 min||Yield: 3 cups|
You can make this satisfying dessert and store in mason jars to eat throughout the week- just reheat uncovered in the microwave with a tablespoon full of almond milk if the pudding gets too thick. If you can't find two large sweet potatoes, use three small sweet potatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Select two large sweet potatoes or 3 small sweet potatoes. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes dry with a towel. Stab holes in them with a fork to allow steam to vent. Bake potatoes until very soft (approximately 40 minutes). You want the flesh to fall right out of the skin.
2. Once potatoes are just cool enough to handle (you want them hot), remove flesh from skin and puree until smooth in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, whip potatoes until smooth in an extra-large bowl with an electric mixer.
3. Add almond milk ½ cup at a time. Stir in agave nectar, pure vanilla, salt and nutmeg until very smooth and the texture of pudding (tip: If using an electric mixer, you may want to cover the bowl lightly with a dish towel as you beat to prevent the mixture from splattering).
4. Pour smooth sweet potato pudding into a sauce pot and stir over low-medium heat until hot.
5. Pour pudding into mini mason jars and top with a tablespoon of mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!