Serving Size: 1 tacos
Pork loin is incredibly versatile, and when well trimmed, low in fat and quick to prepare. This recipe features thinly sliced, diced pork loin to make a festive taco. This is great for quick dinners as you can have everything prepared in advance.
- 1/2 lb Pork, Fresh, Loin, Whole
- 3 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup black beans, canned
- 1/2 Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Onions
- 1/4 cup Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1 tsp Oregano, Dried
- 1/4 tsp Real Iodized Salt
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese With Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 cup Purified Water
- 1 tbsp Bacon Grease drippings
- 6 Corn Taco Shells
- 15 m
- 15 m
- 30 m
1 Preheat the oven to 375
2 Slice and dice the pork. Dry marinate it in the taco seasoning with a little water. Mix well and let chill while you make the other preparations.
3 Mince the onion. Seed and dice the tomato. Combine these with the black beans, corn, oregano and salt.
4 Heat the bacon grease a skillet that has a cover over medium high heat. Brown the pork then add the vegetable mix reducing the heat to medium low. Add the remaining water, stir well, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
5 Combine the shredded cheeses
6 Lay the taco shells on a baking sheet and warm up in the oven for 6-7 minutes. Remove and spoon the pork mixture on the bottom of the shell and top with shredded cheese.
7 Option toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
|Total Fat 18g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
Calories From Macros
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.