Gorgeous beach waves are de rigueur for summer hair. Perfecting the popular style is easy with the right hair products and just a little bit of work.
Video of the Day
You're going to need some texturizing spray, time (to air-dry your hair or sleep on it), a curling iron, your favorite hair oil to tame those ends and some molding paste to add the finishing touches.
Follow this step-by-step guide, and you'll be rocking some serious salt-kissed beach waves in less than 24 hours.
Read More: How to Rock Easy, Stylish Braids at the Gym
8 Steps to Beach-Waved Hair
1. Post shower, squeeze your hair with a towel to soak up the water. Do NOT rub your towel back and forth across your hair, as this damages your hair and will make it frizzy when it dries.
2. Use a wave-enhancing texturizing spray. I live and breathe by Kerastase Spray À Porter. It not only smells great, but also creates soft waves and great texture once your hair dries, without leaving it crunchy.
3. Allow your hair to air-dry completely. I like to sleep on it wet, which allows the natural wave to come through while taming any frizz.
4. Once your hair is completely dry, create your natural part and begin taking sections of various sizes and wrapping them around the barrel of a curling iron. Be sure to wrap away from your face.
5. I curl mostly around my face and then choose sections that are less wavy to fill in with more curls.
Read More: 12 Beauty Essentials for Your Gym Bag
6. As you release the curls from the barrel of the iron, pull the end of your hair for a moment to straighten the curl so it loses some of its tightness — you want your hair to look “tousled.”
7. After you’re finished curling the sections you want to be wavy, throw your head forward and shake your hair out. This will also help to loosen the curls.
What Do YOU Think?
What are your tips and tricks for getting easy beach waves? Do you have a favorite hair product or tool? Leave a comment below and let us know!