We know how important it is to make time for fitness. But we're busy women and it's not always easy to carve out a defined time on the calendar. That's why we keep our gym bag stocked and at the ready for those impromptu workouts. With a stocked gym bag that includes all the necessary beauty essentials, you can conquer a mid-day workout and be back at your desk looking fresh in no time.
Video of the Day
Read More: How to Rock Easy, Stylish Braids at the Gym
Here's a list of 12 essentials that call our gym bag home:
1. Klean Kanteen $27.95 — Stay hydrated and help the environment at the same time! Kleen Kanteen has pledged to donate at least 1 percent of its annual sales to environmental nonprofits.
2. Glossier Priming Moisturizer $25 — This moisturizer is from Into the Gloss blogger Emily Weiss' newest venture: a beauty brand inspired by the real life of women. This is a great lightweight moisturizer that brings out the best in your skin for post gym.
3. Alien Eau De Parfum $28 — Don't worry, you won't smell like an alien, but you also won't smell like a gym sock after your workout. Gotta keep your scent on point.
4. The Body Shop Almond Body Butter $10 — This rich butter locks in moisture post-shower at the gym for silky smooth skin.
5. Beats By Dre Headphones $149.95 — The best headphones for drowning out the workday haze and snapping into workout mode.
6. Chap Stick Moisturizer – There's nothing worse than chapped lips while working out. This trusty lip moisturizer also has SPF 12 to protect your smackers once you leave the gym.
7. Tokyomilk/Dark La Vie La Mort Hand Crème $22 — Hand washing is a must after the gym and the scent of this moisturizer will help you forget all those hands that were curling with those 10-pound dumbbells before you.
8. Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo $2.89 — Hands down the best (and cheapest) dry shampoo on the market. You can't rock the "wet roots" look unless you're queen Bey. This dry shampoo will refresh those locks to finish out your work day without looking like it's been a week since you've washed your hair (even if you're guilty).
Want more content like this? Sign up for the LIVESTRONG.COM newsletter
9. Alvera All Natural Deodorant, Aloe & Almonds — There's a fine line between au naturel and smelling like a 17-year-old boy after the first two-a-days of the summer. This is the most effective all-natural deodorant we've ever tried and it smells delish.
10. Bite Lip Crayon, Leche $24 — Replace that pout for the second half of the workday with this lip crayon. This is a great work-appropriate nude tone.
11. Kashi Honey Almond Flax Granola Bar — We all know that refueling after a workout is important for many reasons, including preventing yourself from falling down the 3pm proverbial rabbit hole of exhaustion. This granola bar is packed with protein and low in sugar.
12. iPhone – 'Cuz who leaves home without one these days? Pack it with your favorite tunes for circuit training or catch up on some Netflix while running on the treadmill.
Readers - What's in your gym bag? Do you have a gym bag that's packed and ready to go at any time, or do you wait until "gym day?" What are some items that you can't live without? Leave a comment below and let us know what your gym bag essentials are!
Jenna Gruttadauria and Jessica von Bluecher are co-owners of The Oxford Trunk, a Santa Monica-based online and brick-and-mortar women’s lifestyle boutique. Specializing in health and beauty, Jenna and Jess are also lovers of dogs, beach days, red wine and cheese.