Television just dropped three #Fitspo heroes on us ― and the week has just begun!
Video of the Day
1. America’s Olympic Sweetheart on Dancing With the Stars
First, ABC’s Dancing With the Stars announced that its 23rd season will include Olympic gold medal-winning gymnast Laurie Hernandez, aka “America’s Sweetheart.”
Hernandez scored Val Chmerkovskiy as her dance partner for the show.
The full line-up of pros and their star partners:
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and model and activist Amber Rose
- Valentin Chmerkovskiy and Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez
- Artem Chigvintsev and the original Brady Bunch’s Marcia, Maureen McCormick
- Sasha Farber and reality star Terra Jolé
- Derek Hough and actress Marilu Henner
- Witney Carson and rapper Vanilla Ice
- Lindsay Arnold and NFL wide receiver Calvin Johnson
- Jenna Johnson and actor Jake T. Austin
- Allison Holker and Grammy-winning R&B singer Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds
- Sharna Burgess and IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe
- Emma Slater and former Texas governor Rick Perry
- Cheryl Burke and Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte
- Gleb Savchenko and country artist Jana Kramer
Dancing with the Stars 2016 Season 23 premieres Monday, September 12 at 8/7c on ABC.
2. Jessie Graff Makes American Ninja Warrior History
American Ninja Warrior regularly brings out the beast in its competitors, but “Supergirl” stuntwoman and former pole vaulter Jessie Graff was all sweetness and light as she crushed the the National Finals’ Stage 1 challenge, becoming the first woman to ever complete it.
Her breezy tackling of the obstacle course in a shiny, metallic green athletic top and skirt was topped off with a wide smile as she hit the last obstacle, then ran to the buzzer, completing the course with 12 seconds to spare.
She's beauty and beast all rolled up in one.
American Ninja Warrior airs Mondays at 8/7c on NBC. The show offers a $1 million grand prize.
Read more: 11 Best Moments of the 2016 Rio Olympics
3. Teyana Taylor Slays at the VMAs
Appearing in Kanye West’s music video “Fade,” performer Teyana Taylor stole MTV’s Video Music Awards on Sunday when the video premiered. Her oil-slicked body provided fitness fantasies to aspiring goddesses everywhere.
“Clad in a teeny-tiny, Jamie Lee Curtis-in-Perfect Jazzercise leotard seemingly held together with sweat and prayers, the incredibly lithe and limber, taut and toned Taylor totally got her Flashdance on,” said Yahoo! Music Managing Editor Lyndsey Parker. “She took her passion and made it happen. She was a maniac, maniac on the floor.”
But stifle your surprise, wrote Ira Madison in MTV’s weekly “Delete Your Account” column. Madison helpfully reminds us that Taylor has been on the scene for over a decade.
“Teyana was undeniably hotter and more ripped than anyone you’ve ever seen in your entire life, so of course someone whispered just under their breath, ‘body goals,” Madison wrote.
“Then someone else whispered ‘body goals.’ Then another person: ‘Body goals,’ ‘body goals,’ until there was a cacophonous roar of ‘BODY GOALS!’ at the offices of People, Us Weekly, Elle, Elite Daily, Town and Country, and the break room at Anthropologie. Teyana HAD to be written about. Women, clad in their Lululemon, eating kale salads, and drinking a sensible smoothie before bed needed to know that they could be Teyana Taylor.”
We celebrate Taylor for giving us those body goals. Way to slay, lady! 👏👏👏
Read More: The 14 Best #Fitspo Moments of Summer 2016
What Do YOU Think?
Are you inspired by this week's three TV #Fitspo heroes? Are you looking forward to seeing how Hernandez performs on Dancing With the Stars? Do you watch American Ninja Warrior? How many obstacles do you think you could beat? Let us know in the comments!