Have you ever wondered what kind of damage would occur in your body if it made harmful or poisonous chemicals? Actually, our bodies produce harmful substances everyday. Catalase enzyme breaks down hydrogen peroxide, a toxic chemical, into hydrogen and peroxide. According to findings described by the National Business Review, as the body ages, we produce less catalase enzyme, which can result in faster aging. Several foods contain this enzyme.
One of the main functions of the liver is to break down harmful chemicals in the body, therefore it is no wonder that beef liver contains large amounts of catalase enzyme. Beef liver is also high in vitamin A, which is important for vision; iron, which helps distribute oxygen throughout the blood; and several other minerals such as calcium, vitamin D and copper.
Potatoes are a very versatile vegetable as they can be baked, boiled, or fried in the form of chips. As long as potatoes are cooked in a healthy manner, such as baking or boiling, they are an important part of a healthy diet. As well as being a rich source of catalase enzyme, they are also high in fiber, vitamin C, B6 and folic acid.
Like most grains, wheat sprouts are sweet and nutritious; they have become very popular for people following a natural diet. Some nutrients wheat sprouts are high in are vitamins B, C and E as well as magnesium and calcium. Those with a wheat allergy shouldn't consume these, however.
Besides having catalase, carrots also contain a wide variety of nutrients important for maintaining a healthy body. Carrots are fat-free, low in sodium, and a good source of fiber and vitamin A.
- Rosicrucian Fellowship; Sprouting for health
- The National Business Review; Grey Hair Resolved; NBR Staff; February 2009
- "Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology"; Nutritional Relevance of Wheat Sprouts Containing High Levels of Organic Phosphates and Antioxidant Compounds; Marsili, et al; July 2004
- Harrington Research Labratory; Studies on Enzyme Action; George Falk et al; April 1919
- PASCO; Catalase Enzyme Action