Welcome to Day 5! You’re eating healthier and tracking your food choices and nutrition, so let’s take it up a notch and give your pantry a makeover. Cleaning out your pantry, cupboards and refrigerator won’t just make your inner neat freak happy, it will set you up to succeed.
Get rid of all the unhealthy food. Junk the junk food. You don’t need that kind of temptation around. Trust us, removing that food will make your journey a lot easier. Restocking your kitchen with nutritious food and keeping healthy staples on hand will guarantee your success.
6 Steps to De-Junking Your Kitchen
If this is a battle, then your kitchen is the war room. It’s where you plan your long-term strategy and manage your arsenal. To make sure your war room is properly equipped, you should:
- Clean out your entire fridge, freezer, cupboards and pantry
- Get rid of unnecessary temptation from cookies, candy, snacks, soda, etc.
- Replace the junk with healthy snack alternatives like nuts, fruits, veggies, etc.
- Read your food labels to help avoid seemingly healthy pitfalls
- Prep as much as possible in advance and portion out individual meals for grab-and-go ease
- Shop smart and restock your kitchen with the right foods
You’re not on a fad diet; you’re making a healthier lifestyle choice for the long run. You need to shop for foods that will give you a bigger nutritional bang for your buck.
If your fridge and pantry are stocked with healthy foods, then you’ll feel great tracking everything on the LIVESTRONG.COM MyPlate Calorie Tracker — available for desktop and on iOS and Android devices. You’ll see the payoff in your daily nutrition reports and as you track your progress.
The LIVESTRONG.COM team is here to make sure you win each daily battle AND win the war. So go whip your war room into shape and prepare for combat.
Get Daily Motivation in Our Facebook Group
For daily support, motivation and camaraderie with LIVESTRONG.COM team members, join our Facebook Challenge Group. We'll share daily recipes, tips, motivations, pictures and more! Plus, we'll answer all your questions.
Sign up for our newsletter if you want periodic reminders to get linked up with helpful LIVESTRONG.COM articles and tips.
Read on to Get Help Getting Organized
- 16 Expert-Recommended Steps to Spring-Clean Your Kitchen
- 10 Tricks to Save Money and Waste Less of Your Fresh Fruits and Veggies
- 10 Quick, Nutritionist-Approved Packaged Breakfasts
Readers — Are you joining us in the 30-Day GET LEAN IN 2017 Challenge? If so, what is your weight loss goal? Have you ever done a weight loss fitness challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM 30-Day GET LEAN IN 2017 Challenge Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know.