Marinating chicken adds flavor and tenderizes the meat. For safety, always marinate chicken in the refrigerator, though, because marinating at room temperature speeds up bacterial growth. Mr. Yoshida's is a dual purpose sauce used for cooking and marinating.
Video of the Day
Use the sauce for chicken, seafood, pork, vegetables and beef whether grilling, broiling or baking. The sauce is available in three flavors — original gourmet, cracked pepper and garlic, and Hawaiian sweet and sour sauce.
Things You'll Need
Resealable plastic bag
Mr. Yoshida's sauce
- Put your chicken into a plastic resealable bag.
- Select the desired flavor of Mr. Yoshida's sauce and pour into the plastic bag. Use 1/4 cup of the sauce for each pound of meat.
- Seal the bag and place it on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (you can also leave it overnight). Turn the bag once or twice for even distribution of the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic bag and place it on a clean plate.
- Discard the marinade mix and plastic bag. To use the marinade in your dish, bring it to a rolling boil in a saucepan for one minute before use.
- Prepare your chicken as desired.