Grilling on a griddle or panini press like the Cuisinart Griddler makes it easy to cook chicken breasts without having to fire up a full-sized outdoor grill. The Cuisinart Griddler comes with interchangeable plates that allow you to use it as a grill, griddle and panini press.
Video of the Day
For grilling chicken breast, they need to be pounded thin to allow for even cooking on the Griddler. You should also marinate the chicken breasts ahead of time to add flavor. Once cooked, you can serve the grilled chicken breast whole or cut it up for sandwiches, salads and even soup.
Things You'll Need
Flat meat pounder
- Cover each chicken breast with two layers of plastic wrap and place on a clean cutting board.
- Pound each breast to a 1/2-inch thickness with a flat meat pounder (or a clenched fist if you don't have a meat mallet).
- Place the chicken in a large resealable bag and pour a prepared marinade over it.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- You can use store-bought marinade, such as a vinaigrette dressing, or make your own, using equal parts olive oil and a vinegar like balsamic or red wine vinegar.
- Add in additional flavorings to your taste, such as mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce, minced garlic and fresh herbs.
- Heat the Cuisinart Griddler to a medium-high temperature — about 400 degrees Fahrenheit — on the open-grill position. Make sure you're using the grill-plate side of the reversible griddle plates.
- Add the marinated chicken breasts to the hot grill, evenly spaced, and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until the outside of each breast is charred slightly on the grill lines.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit for safe consumption.
- Serve hot.
Once you've grilled the chicken, you can serve whole, sliced thinly for chicken sandwiches and fajitas, chopped and chilled for salads or shredded for quesadillas and chicken tortilla soup.
The Cuisinart Griddle gets very hot when in use. Always use oven mitts if you need to touch the grill plates or the cover when using.
Don't remove the grill plates for washing until the appliance has completely cooled, or you might burn yourself.