Take a moment to congratulate yourself — you’re doing a great job, and you’ve already made it to your first check-in! Time flies, right?
Video of the Day
It’s time for your weigh-in and measurements. If you haven’t yet taken your "before" photos, now would be a great time to get it done. Don’t deprive yourself of the satisfaction you’ll feel looking back at those photos, knowing how far you’ve come.
Maybe you’re nervous to step on the scale. Do it anyway. You’ve started this journey, and you’ve already hit a milestone. Don’t dwell on the numbers on the scale or the tape measure, though — they’ll be changing soon enough! Instead, focus on how much better you already feel.
Tracking your progress is essential to your success, and you have amazing tools that make it quick and easy. Track and get a complete overview of your nutrition. Track your hydration. Track your weight. Track them all because they’re a part of your total transformation. Here are some tools to help you quantify your weight-loss journey:
- MyPlate Calorie Tracking App: track your food and water intake and see a graph of how your weight changes over time
- LIVESTRONG.COM's BMI Calculator: enter your gender, age, height and weight and find out your BMI in seconds
- Tips for Taking Body Measurements: a quick, easy video to show you exactly what measurements to take a how
- How to Take Your Before Photos: watch Frankie and Sam from STRONGER show you the best way to take your "before" photos
- Or find an another alternative tracking method that works best for you!
But don’t let the numbers define you. Instead, let them inspire you to continue your journey and work toward your goals!
How to Join the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge
1. Download the MyPlate App
Documenting your food and activity might seem like overkill, but it’s not. People who track their calories and physical activities enjoy greater success losing weight and keeping it off for good!
Tracking everything honestly is essential to making the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge work for you. Sometimes you’re not even aware of everything you consume, but once you start tracking it, you’ll think twice before you make poor choices. And that’s a good thing.
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks
- Exercise and activity
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
2. Print Out Your Daily Calendar
Isn't it so satisfying to check things off of your to-do list? Each day during the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge, you're accountable for five key steps: tracking breakfast, lunch and dinner; tracking your water intake; and either walking or running.
We created a helpful calendar to keep you on task for all 30 days. Print it out and check off each activity as soon as you complete it.
3. Stay Connected on Facebook
For daily support, motivation and camaraderie with LIVESTRONG.COM team members, join our Facebook Group for the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge. We'll share recipes, tips, motivations, pictures and more! Plus, we'll answer all your questions.
4. Empower Yourself on Your Weight-Loss Journey
- 11 Ways to Measure Your Progress on Your Fitness Journey
- LIVESTRONG.com Members' Before & After Weight Loss Photos
- How to Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- How to Properly Measure Your Body
Readers — Are you joining us in the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge? If so, what's your weight-loss goal? Have you ever done a weight-loss challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know.