You're almost at the 30-day mark in your journey! You haven't been on a fad diet or short-term workout regimen. This is no temporary fix for you. This is your new, healthier life!
Video of the Day
You've made some major changes as part of your transformation, which have led to real changes you can feel and see. You're feeling more invigorated because you're treating your body better and giving yourself the gift of fitness. Your body is operating at a higher level of efficiency because you're fueling it properly, thanks to your new healthier eating habits.
If you're using the LIVESTRONG.COM MyPlate Calorie Tracker — available on desktop and for iOS and Android devices — you're aware of everything you're eating and drinking, and you have a detailed breakdown of your nutrition at your fingertips, so you can stay accountable and keep yourself on track.
9 Tricks for Maintaining Weight Loss
As you enjoy your new healthier lifestyle, here are nine life hacks and fitness tricks that can help you maintain your results and make it easier:
- Track everything using LIVESTRONG.COM's MyPlate Calorie Tracker to ensure continued success.
- Get an activity tracker to motivate you to keep moving — or maybe take it to the next level.
- Stand up as much as you can during the day to burn more calories and increase circulation.
- Build in extra activity by opting for stairs instead of elevators when possible. Or walk and talk — try having one-on-one meetings while taking a walk together.
- Stretch regularly throughout the day to avoid fatigue and stiffness. There are even some yoga poses you can do at your desk.
- Wake up and work out — get your workout in first thing in the morning for greater success.
- Don't forget the FUN — make fitness fun by trying new types of activity and avoid stagnation.
- Hydrate with plenty of water to keep your body in tip-top shape.
- Don't let yourself slip into the mindset that you can slack off just because you've reached your goal. Make sure you've implemented healthy changes you can stick to long-term.
So What Comes Next?
Unsure what to tackle next in your fitness and weight-loss journey? Here are some of our other challenges to consider.
Which one are you taking on next? Share with us in the comments!
How to Join the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge
1. Download the MyPlate App
Documenting your food and activity might seem like overkill, but it’s not. People who track their calories and physical activities enjoy greater success losing weight and keeping it off for good!
Tracking everything honestly is essential to making the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge work for you. Sometimes you’re not even aware of everything you consume, but once you start tracking it, you’ll think twice before you make poor choices. And that’s a good thing.
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and snacks
- Exercise and activity
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
2. Print Out Your Daily Calendar
Isn't it so satisfying to check things off of your to-do list? Each day during the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge, you're accountable for five key steps: tracking breakfast, lunch and dinner; tracking your water intake; and either walking or running.
We created a helpful calendar to keep you on task for all 30 days. Print it out and check off each activity as soon as you complete it.
3. Stay Connected on Facebook
For daily support, motivation and camaraderie with LIVESTRONG.COM team members, join our Facebook Group for the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge. We'll share recipes, tips, motivations, pictures and more! Plus, we'll answer all your questions.
4. Tips on How to Maintain Your Success
- 28 Eating Secrets to Help You Lose Weight (and Save Money Too!)
- The Personality Secret to Successful Weight Loss
- 9 Tough-Love Tactics That Will Help You Reach Your Goals
Readers — Are you joining us in the 30-Day Get Lean in 2018 Challenge? If so, what's your weight-loss goal? Have you ever done a weight-loss challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know.