You're almost at the 30-day mark in your journey! You haven't been on a fad diet or short-term workout regimen. This is no temporary fix for you. This is your new, healthier life!
You've made some major changes as part of your transformation, which have led to real changes you can feel and see. You're feeling more invigorated because you're treating your body better and giving yourself the gift of fitness. Your body is operating at a higher level of efficiency because you're fueling it properly, thanks to your new healthier eating habits.
9 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
As you enjoy your new, healthier lifestyle, here are nine life hacks and fitness tricks that can help you maintain your results and make it easier:
- Invest in an activity tracker to motivate you to keep moving — or maybe take it to the next level.
- Stand up as much as you can during the day to burn more calories and increase circulation.
- Build in extra activity by opting for stairs instead of elevators when possible. Or walk and talk — try having one-on-one meetings while taking a walk together.
- Stretch regularly throughout the day to avoid fatigue and stiffness. There are even some yoga poses you can do at your desk.
- Wake up and work out — get your workout in first thing in the morning for greater success.
- Don't forget the FUN — make fitness fun by trying new types of activity and avoid stagnation.
- Hydrate with plenty of water to keep your body in tip-top shape.
- Don't let yourself slip into the mindset that you can slack off just because you've reached your goal. Make sure you've implemented healthy changes you can stick to long-term.
- Try tracking everything you eat and all your workouts using LIVESTRONG.COM's MyPlate Calorie Tracker to ensure continued success.
So What Comes Next?
Unsure what to tackle next in your fitness and weight-loss journey? Here are some of our other challenges to consider.
More Tips on How to Keep Your Success Going
When it comes to motivation to reach your goals, there's no such thing as arming yourself with too much information. That's why we've compiled the content below to help you reach your goals this year, regardless of what they are.