Pat yourself on the back, you've officially made it to day two! If you're joining us for the 8-week STRONGER Challenge press "play" on the video below to watch this one-minute motivation video message from celebrity trainer Nicky Holender about why it's important for both men and women to do strength-training workouts.
Worried about getting bulky? Don't be! It takes a TON of concentrated effort to bulk up (just ask a bodybuilder). Strength training and building muscle is important for so many reasons. One of those reasons, as Nicky explains, is that building muscle increases your metabolism, and that means you burn more calories. Here are some other benefits of building muscle:
- Reduced risk of injury
- Improved balance
- Boosted self-esteem and confidence
- More energy
- Weight control/maintenance
- Increased strength
- More stamina and endurance
- Better sleep and mental health
So, will you be joining us in the STRONGER Challenge? If you are, why not join our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Facebook Group to get daily tips, encouragement and motivation?
How to Sign Up for the STRONGER Challenge
2. On your start date (we're launching our next challenge July 9th), you'll be able to log into your account and click on "Meal Plan" in the bottom navigation bar of the app. There, you'll have access to each day's meals as well as each week's shopping list.
3. For each meal, track your calories by clicking the check mark next to each food or recipe. If you need to deviate from the meal plan, you can also enter foods manually from the "Track" tab on the bottom navigation. Just search for your food and click the "I Ate This" button. Also be sure to track your water intake from the "Track" tab.
5. Track the STRONGER workouts in MyPlate. On the app's main page, click Exercise then search STRONGER. All of the workouts will be listed below. Select the one you performed that day.
7. Do the workouts with us, cross them off the calendar and post about it in the Facebook group. We're cheering for you!
Readers — Are you joining us for the 8-week STRONGER Challenge? What do you think of the STRONGER workouts? Have you taken a look at the meal plan yet? Are you having any trouble accessing and using either of them? Have you ever done a fitness challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know!