Plyometrics (aka jumping exercises) can take your highest-intensity workouts to a whole new level. Get a taste for plyo in the ab-sculpting HIIT workout above from Elise Joan, Beachbody trainer and creator of Barre Blend. All it takes is 10 minutes, and you don't need any equipment.
It's labeled as an ab workout, but don't be fooled: You'll work every other muscle group in your body, too — and get your heart rate way, way up (which is important if your goal is visibly shredded abs).
Add this 10-move circuit to the end of your regular sweat session or repeat it two to three times for a standalone workout.
Do: 2 reps of each move. Alternate between the moves for 1 minute.
- Swimmer Hug: Swing your arms around the front of your body as if you were giving yourself a hug.
- Standing Hip Opener: From standing, draw one knee up toward your chest in front of your body, then rotate your hip so your knee points out to the side.
Do: each of the following moves for 30 to 45 seconds, resting for 15 to 30 seconds before the next move.
- Squat to Walkout to Side Plank: This three-moves-in-one combo strengthens your whole body, particularly your abs and obliques.
- Squat Jump Pulse: Adding pulses to your squat jumps increases the time under tension, meaning you feel the burn faster.
- Lateral Lunge With Leg Lift: Target your hips while you challenge your obliques.
- High Knees: This cardio drill sends your heart rate sky rocketing.
- Reverse Lunge to Front Kick: Amp up this traditional lower-body move with a kick to strengthen your abs.
- Cross-Body Mountain Climber: This mountain climber variation targets your obliques even more than the original.
- Navy Seal Drill: Another name for this move might be the rock 'n' roll, because that's just what you'll be doing.
- Lateral Hop: Take a break from the front-to-back motions of everyday life with this side-to-side leap.
- Long Jump Backpedal: Channel you inner track and field athlete with this power move.
If you're just starting out, skip the jumping elements of the exercises, Joan says.
Do: each stretch for 30 seconds.
- Quadriceps Hinge: Kneel with your butt on your heels. Place both hands behind your feet, fingers pointing forward, and press your hips up.
- Kneeling Rockstar: Reach your right arm over your head and to the left to stretch out the right side of your body. Switch sides.
- Single-Leg Hamstring Stretch: Sit and extend one leg out to the side. Bend your torso over to reach toward your foot. Switch sides.
More 10-Minute Workouts We Love