Melt-in-your-mouth, flaky buttermilk biscuits are a comfort food that often evokes warm, happy feelings. Though delicious with eggs or used for breakfast sandwiches, biscuits can be enjoyed any time of day and go well with salads for lunch or soups and stews for dinner.
Frozen biscuits are best cooked in a conventional oven rather than a microwave, the latter of which can turn biscuits doughy rather than brown and flaky.
Video of the Day
Things You'll Need
Butter or nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a baking sheet with a thin layer of butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the desired number of biscuits from the freezer.
- Place them on the greased baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the center of the oven.
- Cook the biscuits for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Oven temperatures vary, so start keeping an eye on the biscuits at around 25 minutes to prevent them from burning.
Thaw the frozen biscuits before baking if desired. Place the frozen biscuits in a refrigerator the night before in an airtight container. Once thawed, position the biscuits on a baking sheet and cook in an oven set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes.