Pesto pasta gets a healthy shot of fat with the addition of both avocado and eggs from Eggland’s Best, which have 10 times more vitamin E and 25 percent less saturated fat than ordinary eggs. Use spiralized zucchini in place of noodles for a low-carb, high-protein take on the flavorful dish.
1/2 package of zucchini spirals
2 Eggland’s Best large eggs, soft-boiled
1/2 cup of pesto
1/2 cup of avocado
1 ounce of cheese, Parmesan
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop spiralized zucchini noodles into the water, then as soon as the water starts to bubble remove the zucchini noodles with a pair of tongs to a colander to drain.
2. If your Eggland’s Best eggs aren’t cooked yet, use the boiling water that is already in the pot to poach (five minutes) or soft-boil (6.5 minutes).
3. Stir 1/4 cup of pesto into each bowl of zucchini noodles.
4. Top the noodles with sliced avocado and an Eggland’s Best egg.
5. Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper and shredded parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (if using).