Alright, the finish line of the LIVESTRONG.com 30-Day Push-Up Challenge is in sight! You might be wondering what comes next.
First of all, if you're part of our Facebook Challenge Group, the fun never stops, and you'll be in prime position to get all the details for the next challenge (or see below for other challenges you can do on your own). And if you're looking to keep you upper-body gains going, here's what you can do.
1. Incorporate More Upper-Body Exercises
Move 1: Triceps Dip
- Sit on a chair or bench with your hands and butt on the edge. Scoot your butt off so that your weight is in your hands and feet (knees should be at 90-degree angles).
- Bend your elbows and lower yourself down several inches.
- Press back up.
Move 2: Bent-Over Row
- Grab a pair of dumbbells (or a barbell) and hinge forward at the waist, chest at a 45-degree angle. Straighten your arms toward the floor.
- Bend your elbows and pull the weights up, keeping the arms close to the side of your body.
- Lower them back down with control.
Move 3: Overhead Press
- Grab a pair of dumbbells (or a barbell) and hold them at shoulder height.
- Press them overhead, being careful not to bring your shoulders to your ears.
- Lower the weights back down to your shoulders with control.
Move 4: Bench Press
- Lie on a weight bench with a pair of dumbbells (or barbell) at chest level. Your palms should be facing your feet.
- Press the weights directly up over your chest.
- Lower them back down.
Move 5: Chest Fly
- Lie on a weight bench with a pair of dumbbells at chest level. Your palms should be facing each other. Press the weights directly up over your chest (this is the starting position).
- With elbows slightly bent, lower the weights out to the sides of your chest.
- Press back to the start. Finish with straight arms.
Move 6: Upright Row
- Stand up tall with a pair of dumbbells (or barbell) in front of you at about thigh height.
- Bend your elbows up and raise the weights along the front of your body, stopping when you get to your chest.
- Lower the weights back down.
Move 7: Biceps Curl
- Grab a pair of dumbbells (or a barbell) and hold them in front of you at thigh height, palms facing out.
- Bend your elbows to lift the weights to your chest.
- Lower back down with control.
Move 8: Resistance Band Lat Pulldown
- Loop a resistance band around a tall, stable anchor.
- Grab the band with both hands and pull down until your hands reach your chest. Your elbows should pull straight down alongside your body.
- Release the band back to the start with control.
2. Try a New Upper-Body Workout
It's true that while push-ups are a great exercise, they're only one part of a good upper-body routine. So if you're looking for more of challenge, check out this workout from our challenge host, Blaine Strong (on Instagram @BlaineStrong).
Or try one of our other great upper-body workout videos:
- 5-Minute Upper-Body Towel Workout With Natalie Jill
- Beginner Arm Workout With Weights
- Love Your Arms Routine With Karena From ToneItUp
- Sleek and Sexy Arms for Beginners With Blogilates
- Yoga for Upper Body With Elise Joan
- Sculpt a Stronger Upper Body With TRX
- The Ultimate Workout for Strong, Sexy Arms
3. Pick One of Our Other Monthly Challenges
If you're looking for an extra boost to your regular workout routine, try adding one of these challenges into the mix:
Whatever you do, stay consistent! Results don't happen overnight, and healthy living is a journey, not a destination. Keep up your workouts, eat right, get plenty of sleep and reap the benefits!
How to Join the Push-Up Challenge
Step 1: Make Your Push-Ups a Daily Habit
Print out the 30-day push-up calendar below and use it each day to help you stay on track. Do the prescribed number of reps each day, and then check off each day as you complete them. Before you know it, it'll become habit!
Step 2: Connect With Us on Facebook
For daily support, motivation and camaraderie with LIVESTRONG.com team members, join us in our Facebook Group for the 30-Day Push-Up Challenge. We'll share tips, motivation, pictures and more! Plus, we'll answer all your questions.
Step 3: Stay Motivated
Throughout the 30 days we'll provide you with the tools and information you need to stay motivated and reach your weight-loss goals. Sign up for our daily newsletter, or visit our homepage to get linked up with the push-up challenge and other great content, including:
- Daily motivational articles to keep you focused on your goal.
- Nutrition and fitness advice, including recipes and workouts.
- Real-time community support from thousands of LIVESTRONG.com members.