If you're short on time, space and equipment but still want to get a great booty workout, the below workout is for you. This video workout we've created with CrossFit athlete Jordan Shalhoub will strengthen your glutes, which means a you'll end up with a lifted and toned derriere.
Follow along with the video or print out the workout so you can fit in your daily sweat session anytime, anywhere — even without an internet connection. The best part? The entire thing only takes 10 minutes! You'll warm up for one minute, push yourself in the main workout for eight minutes, then finish up with a one-minute cooldown.
Get tips on how to stay healthy, safe and sane during the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Of course, you're more than welcome to repeat the entire circuit as many times as it takes to get your heart pounding and your muscles burning (two to three times through is ideal if you're using this as a standalone workout). But if you're just starting out or getting back into fitness, once through is definitely enough to see some serious results (with consistency, of course).
Do: 10 reps of both of these exercises.
- Jumping jacks
Move 1: Jumping Jacks
- Start with your feet together, hands at your side.
- Jump your feet out to the side as you bring your arms overhead.
- Jump back to start.
You can step out if jumping hurts your knees.
Move 2: Burpees
- Start standing.
- Lower your hands to the ground.
- Jump or step back into a high plank.
- Do a single push-up, lowering your chest to the ground (lowering to your knees if you need to), and then pressing back up.
- Step or jump your feet back to your hands.
- Jump up into the air, landing with knees slightly bent and ready for the next rep.
Do: 20 seconds of each of the following exercises, resting for 10 seconds in between. Repeat the circuit for four rounds total (eight minutes).
- Lateral squat steps
- Glute bridges
- Glute kickbacks
Move 1: Lateral Squat Steps
- Start standing with the resistance band a couple inches above your knees.
- Drop into a quarter squat.
- Take a small step to the right, pushing out onto the band.
- Then step left.
- Continue alternating side steps for 20 seconds.
Move 2: Glute Bridges
- Keeping the band where it is above your knees, lie down on your back with your knees bent.
- Lift your hips in the air, squeezing your glutes and pushing out on the band slightly. Your knees should be in line with your toes.
- Lower your hips back to the floor.
Move 3: Glute Kickbacks
- Remove the band and turn over onto your hands and knees.
- If your band is stretchy enough, place one end under your left foot and hook the other end over your right foot. You can also place the band around your thighs above your knees.
- Keeping the 90-degree angle in your knee, raise your right foot toward the ceiling.
- Do one leg for 20 seconds, alternating which leg you use with each round.
Move 4: Squats
- Placing the band back above your knees, stand tall.
- Bend your knees and hinge your hips back into a squat as you lower your butt toward the floor like you're sitting in a chair.
- Press through your feet and return to standing.
Do: each stretch for 30 seconds.
- Pigeon pose
- Seated straddle
Move 1: Pigeon Pose
- From all fours, and then bring your right knee up toward your hands. Extend your left leg out behind you. Your right foot can either be beside your left hip or extended out so that your shin is parallel to your hands.
Move 2: Seated Straddle
- Sit down and spread your legs out to the sides so that they're in a V shape. Reach forward in between your legs as far as you can and hold.
Concerned About COVID-19?
Read more stories to help you navigate the novel coronavirus pandemic: