Steroids increase strength, mass and intensity levels. But steroids also cause acne, baldness, explosions of rage and high blood pressure. Most importantly, for men, steroids can causes testosterone levels to increase unnaturally, which, in turn reduces the body's ability to produce testosterone on its own. After getting off steroids, there are ways to help the body produce testosterone naturally again.
Video of the Day
Increase Your Intensity
Power is the most important key to bringing back testosterone naturally. Quit worrying about toning, and hit the heavy weights instead. Your intensity level needs to go up. When you are in the weight room, lift aggressively. Focus on free weights, and force your body to the point of almost failure. Also, hit more than one muscle group per day, which is called compound exercising. A study published in the European Journal of Applied Physiology in May 2000 showed that with increased intensity levels of training, there was a higher increase of testosterone levels compared to subjects that trained at a moderate level.
Try to get aroused naturally, not with pills. With testosterone not flowing like it should, it is a commonly difficult to get an erection. A decrease in testosterone levels is also caused by not getting stimulated over long periods of time.
Keep Testicles Cool
Men’s testicles are on the outside, which keeps them cooler than items inside the body. Sperm do not like it warm. A study published in the Society of Reproduction and Fertility journal in 2001 showed that by keeping testicles cooled, they produce higher testosterone levels. Boxers and shorts are a good way to keep cool.
All it takes is two drinks a day. When alcohol enters the liver, it has difficulty breaking down estrogen. Extra estrogen means less testosterone. Stay away from alcohol. Former nurse, nutritionist and health expert Sandy Halliday argues that eating raw cruciferous vegetables helps rid the body of estrogen. In her book, "The Definitive Detox Diet--Insiders Secrets to Radiant Health," she argues that these vegetables, which include broccoli and cabbage, provide fiber that flushes the body of excess waste. The waste will consist of excess estrogen in men.
REFERENCES & RESOURCES
- BodyBuilding.com: How Can One Increase Their Testosterone Levels
- Anabolics Mall: Raise Natural Testosterone Levels
- Detox Specialist: How to Detox Environmental Estrogen to prevent Estrogen Dominance
- Springerlink.com: Hormonal Responses to High and Moderate Intensity Strength Exercise
- "Improvement of Semen Quality by Nocturnal Scrotal Cooling and Moderate Behavioural Change to Reduce Genital Heat Stress In Men"; "Reproduction--The Journal of Society for Reproduction and Fertility"; A Jung, M Eberl, and WB Schill; 2001
- Now Loss: 13 Ways to Naturally Increase Your Testosterone