The Armitron Pro Sport Watch is an awesome device for tracking your workouts, charting split times and hitting your goals. But the time doesn't set on its own. When you first get your watch, you'll need to set the time yourself. And when daylight saving time ends or you travel to different time zones, you'll need to know how to change the time on an Armitron watch.
Video of the Day
Here's everything you need to know about Armitron watch set times and how to easily change them.
How to Set the Time on an Armitron Pro Sport Watch
Follow the steps below, from the Armitron Pro Sport Watch manual, to set the time:
There are four buttons on your watch.
- The top left button (A) is "Reset"
- The top right button (D) is "ST/STP," which stands for "Start" and "Stop."
- The bottom left button (B) is "Mode."
- The bottom right button (C) activates the light.
To begin setting the time, hold the "Reset" button (A) until you hear a beep.
Three out of the four screens on the watch will start to blink. That means you're ready to set the time.
Press the bottom left button (B), "Mode" to access the hour setup.
Note that pressing this button will not actually change the hour, but the hour side of the time display will start to blink. This indicates that you're ready to continue to the next step to set the hour.
4. Use ST/STP to Adjust the Hour
Press the "ST/STP" button (D) to change the hour.
Each time you press the button, the hour will increase until it hits 12, after which it will restart at 1.
Press the "Mode" button (B) again to set the hour. When you do, the hour side will stop blinking and the minutes will be ready for setting.
5. Use ST/STP to Adjust the Minutes
Press the "ST/STP" button (D) on the top right to increment minutes.
Each time you press the button, the number of minutes increases by 1.
Once your watch is set to the correct time, press the "Reset" button on the top left (A) to set the minutes.
Want a 24-Hour Time Display?
You can set the time on an Armitron Pro Sport to a 12-hour clock or 24-hour clock, called military time in the United States. The watch sets to 12-hour-time be default.
To switch to a 24-hour time display:
- Hold the "Reset" button (A) until you hear a beep.
- Press the "ST/STP" button (D). The "AM" or "PM" icon to the left of the time will go away.
- Press the "Reset" button (A).
How to Change the Time on an Armitron Watch
Whether daylight saving time just ended or you're moving to a different time zone, it's very possible you'll need to change the time on your watch.
Doing so follows the same steps you used to set the time in the first place. If it has been a while, just refer to steps 1 through 5 of the Armitron watch instructions above.
How to Add Multiple Time Zones
If you need to know the times in multiple time zones, you can set the time for another different time zone on your watch.
Follow the steps below to set an additional time:
- To enter the Second Time Zone mode, press the "Mode" button 3 times.
- Press the "Reset" button. The hours icon will start flashing.
- Press the "ST/STP" button to change the hours.
- When you've set the correct hour, press the "Mode" button again. This will set the hours and allow you to change the minutes. The minutes icon will begin flashing.
- Press the "ST/STP" button again to increment the minutes.
- Once you've selected the correct minutes, press the "Reset" button to set the time.
- Press the "Mode" button to return to your main time zone.