Southern Comfort is a sweet bourbon flavored liqueur that originated in New Orleans. Southern Comfort has a higher congener content than clear alcohol, so it is more likely to cause a hangover, according to the Mayo Clinic website. Congeners are chemicals produced during fermentation that give an alcohol its taste and aroma.
A serving of bourbon Southern Comfort is 1 shot. Each serving contains 70 calories.
A serving of Southern Comfort whisky is 45 ml. Each serving has 46 calories.
Southern Comfort and Lime Shot
Southern Comfort mixed with lime is known as a snake bite. Each shot has 85 calories.
Traditional Egg Nog
Southern Comfort is often used to make egg nog. Each serving is 1/2 cup and contains 200 calories.
Southern Comfort and Coke
Southern Comfort mixed with Coke or other dark soda is a common drink. One serving is about 12 oz. and contains 230 calories.
- My Fitness Pal: Southern Comfort Bourbon
- My Fitness Pal: Southern Comfort Whiskey
- My Fitness Pal: Calories in Southern Comfort and Lime Shot
- My Fitness Pal: Southern Comfort Traditional Egg Nog
- My Fitness Pal: Calories in Southern Comfort and Coke
- Mayo Clinic: Hangovers: Risk Factors
- Southern Comfort: Our Products