Nabisco Honey Maid Graham Crackers are a popular snack offered in six different varieties with the nutritional content of a 1-ounce serving varying slightly, depending upon your flavor preference. Graham crackers can be part of a healthy diet, but according to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, a 2,000-calorie diet should include no more than three, 1-ounce servings of refined grains per day.
Protein, Calories and Fat Per Serving
Of the six graham cracker varieties, each serving contains 2 grams of protein and 120 to 140 calories. The recommended dietary allowance for protein ranges from 13 grams in children to 56 grams in adult men. A serving provides 6 to 7 percent of total calories on a 2,000-calorie diet. The regular version also contains approximately 3 grams of fat, which is 5 percent of the daily value, while the low-fat options have 2 grams of fat, or 3 percent of the daily value.
Carbohydrate, Fiber, Sugar and Sodium Breakdown
On a 2,000-calorie diet, aim for 300 grams of carbohydrate, 25 grams of fiber, 25 to 37.5 grams or less of sugar and 2,400 milligrams of sodium. A graham cracker serving provides, 21 to 27 grams of carbohydrates, 1 to 2 grams of fiber, 7 to 8 grams of sugar and 150 to 190 milligrams of sodium.
Additional Nutritional Facts
There are a few additional nutrients in Honey Maid Graham Crackers depending on the flavor you choose. The honey, cinnamon and square varieties contain 1 to 2 percent of the daily value of potassium and 6 percent of the daily value of iron. The chocolate variety contains 4 percent of the daily value for calcium and 8 percent for iron. The low-fat honey contains 15 percent of the daily value for iron and 6 percent for calcium.
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Varieties
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Nabisco Honey Maid Honey
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Nabisco Honey Maid Cinnamon
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Nabisco Honey Maid Chocolate
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Nabisco Honey Maid Honey Low Fat Honey
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Nabisco Honey Maid Cinnamon Low Fat
- Nabisco Honey Maid: Nabisco Honey Maid Squares Limited Edition
- Institute of Medicine: Dietary Reference Intakes
- CNNHealth.com: Heart Group Urges Daily Limit on Added Sugar